20/09/2013

iOS7 update Review

Even if you don't own an iPhone or iPad or iWhatever, you probably heard of the new iPhone release that comes with the annual iOS update. This year, it's the iOS7 one, and as I own an iPhone (the 4) I wanted to make a little review of the update, because SO MANY CHANGES.
Alright. First, I didn't want to update, because I've heard of the big changes, like, the main design. I've watched yesterday a video of Koji Seto who made his own review. And so far it didn't look too bad ! Yeah, the icons were all remade, also the main design and the lock screen, but it looked ok. I forgot to think about the fact that he owns an iPhone5, which has a bigger screen than the 4... But let's move to the next part.
I decided to update yesterday night, and when it was done, my first reaction was...

WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK IS THAT GIMME THE OLD DESIGN BACK *sob sob sob*

Well, I don't have the choice but to get used. xD After few minutes of checking everything, well, it didn't look that bad. There are few things that I don't like, but well, I couldn't escape that new update so yeah...
It made me feel like I have a new phone, actually.
I made few screenshots so let's begin. Also you can enjoy my autumn themed wallpapers, heh.
On the left, the previous design, and on the right, the design after updating.


Welp. First, what the heck is that annoying blurry part at the bottom of the screen ? It kinda makes my screen looking smaller... I got used to it now but yesterday that new feature made me pretty mad, lol. The icons look a little bit bigger, the black part at the top disappeared and the battery icon changed a little. But there is something that I don't really enjoy, that you can see on my next screenshot :


All the main icons (mail, Safari, weather, messages, pictures etc) changed and look more simple. I don't like that new feature, they look flat and meh. Also there is now an app for FaceTime, but honestly, I don't give a single damn fuck about it as I never used it. xD Also, the font looks thinner than before.
The message and the weather app screens also changed, and they look like this :


What the fuck ? I prefered the old message design, this one looks too different. Also the keyboard changed, the keys look a bit bigger, or is it because they're white ? I don't know. But the weather screen doesn't look that bad, I got used to the old one but this looks pretty. Again, the little sun and clouds icons look a bit too simple for me but in the end it's ok.
Ah, I forgot to mention about the lock screen, this is how it looks now :


I really enjoy this one ! The entire picture is now shown. What bothered me before was that big grey line where the clock was, it was like hiding the picture, it was pretty annoying when you wanted to change the image. But this looks more clean and clear, and really makes the difference.
So yeah. Overall the font is now thinner, and what was in grey before (settings screen, for example) is now in white. They made changes in the pictures, that I find pretty useful : the pictures are now listed by day, month or year, and this is pretty cool ! If you have a lot of pictures, it's easier to look for what you want.
Also, they changed the phone keypad, the keys are now in a round shape, like this :


See ? They made everything white now, remember it was (dark) grey/blue before.
There is a new feature that I really enjoy ! You can now use the flash light as a torch, without needing a special app for that. Scroll the main screen up, and this will show :


Here you can set the brightness, or bluetooth, music etc. Look at the bottom, on the left you have the torch icon. Press it and let there be light !
The other icons are for clock, calculator and camera.


(sorry, bad focusing and yes, my phone case is pink)
You don't like the new icons ? No problem ! There are some apps that can change the icon design. I downloaded one called "CocoPPa" on the App Store, it's free and you can make cute and cool icons. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I'm gonna change some of the main icons hahah
This is the main screen, if you're interested :


As a conclusion, I'd say that this update makes you feel like you've changed your phone (at least in my opinion). Although it looks very different from iOS6 it's not that bad, of course there are things that I don't like but I have no doubt I'll get used to it. It just needs a little more time though. :) I don't plan on changing my phone so I have no choice but to learn liking the new features.

That's it for today, I hope you enjoyed and see ya later !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire